a little mustard seed

A seed is full of potential... let alone, nothing will happen. It needs light, water, nutrients,the right time... and a willing farmer...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A little trip up Fraser’s Hill (episode 3)

A vacation log, dedicated to all who went for the trip


Time: about 7.30pm onwards.
Date: Still 2nd September 06

We arrived at Kuantan House (The bungalow we booked) at around 8.00pm. It was twilight. I took my stuff, switched on my head lamp, and ran up the stairway towards the bungalow. There were no lights. I didn’t take any pictures here though cuz we were all hungry and we were rushing to cook dinner.

The main entrance of the house was locked. The keys that we received could only gave us access to the entrance at the back of the house. I headed towards the backyard. There was a cold and eerie feeling there. I was greeted by an old wooden door painted in pale white, and slightly greenish. Maybe it was my head lamp… I took out my keys to open the doors. It was rather difficult to open. I had to be empathetic with the lock, then “Click!” As the lock was undone, the door opened by itself, probably due to its weight and the position of its hinges. There was a familiar squeak as the door opened, followed by a gust of chill wind. The dim light from my head lamp gave the old furniture a peculiar glow. Beyond the furniture was total darkness! My mind started to play tricks on me. I began to hear voices! “Be still in Jesus name!” my heart spoke, and the voice was gone. I switched on every light bulb and lamp I could find in the house. As I was inspecting the rooms, the door banged “Boom Boom Boom!”

I shifted my attention towards the glass door, which was the main entrance. There were ghostly figures drifting nearer and nearer towards the door. “Chuuuun Hooooooo…” they yelled. And I answered with my usual Malaysian slang “Wait ar! Coming ler!” They were none other than Wei Yei and gang! With everyone present, we took out all our food and cooking utensils and it was time to party!

We organized the food into categories, and everyone naturally fit into specific roles to prepare dinner.



Oh, please ignore Ernie. He was just posing for the camera, trying to act like a CEO while we were all busy preparing for dinner. After being ignored his position, he contributed by cutting carrots.


Our waitress preparing the table for the feast!



Our Chef de cuisine, and her Sous Chefs preparing our dinner.

Voilà! The finished product! Our dinner:
apéritif: shreded des carottes (Shreded carrots)

plat principal: riz cuit à la vapeur (Steamed rice) et remuer font frire des oeufs avec du viande de déjeuner (Stir fried eggs with luncheon meat), et porc cuite (stewed pork)

(my french no good ar, pardon me if the grammar is way out!)


Bon Apetit!

We didn't do much after dinner... just hanging around in the garden, lighting candles and lantern, as an early celebration for mooncake festival.



After a hard day's work,





... it's time to hit the sack...

Coming up next: The encounter with the Gibbons!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger TiaMaria said…

    MAHLING!!! eeiu I hate MAHLING

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehehe so cute la ur ghostly experience

    pohlynn

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Iron Will said…

    the ghostly experience... I tell you, the house felt spooky ler... but other than that, I guess the onely gost was my imagination lor... sig... been so busy... final episode!!! argh!! when is it comin!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OW My...Wei yee look soooooooooooooooooooo......OLD under your photgraphy.... ahakkekekekee

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To add on, in the picture she look like waiting for her 'death hunsband' to come back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home